Thursday, November 18, 2004

Top Movie Quotes.....

From CNN....

"
The American Film Institute is surveying Hollywood types for the top 100 quotes from U.S. movies, with contenders including Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid" from "Casablanca," Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" from "The Terminator" and Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth!" from "A Few Good Men."

....

Other contending quotes include Clark Gable's "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" from "Gone With the Wind," Mae West's "Why don't you come up and see me?" from "She Done Him Wrong," Tom Hanks' "Houston, we have a problem" from "Apollo 13," Cuba Gooding Jr.'s "Show me the money" from "Jerry Maguire" and the "Star Wars" gang's "May the Force be with you."
"

What about:

"Go ahead. Make my day." -Dirty Harry.
"Bond. James Bond."
"I dare you. I fucking double dare you." - Pulp Fiction
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." -Braveheart
"I ate his liver with some fava beams and a nice chianti" -Silence of the Lambs
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -The Princess Bride
"Say hello to my little friend" -Scarface
"I'm your worst nightmare" -Rambo
"He beat me. Straight up. Pay him, pay that man his money" -Rounders
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker." -Rounders
"Hey, that's a hell of an elk!" -Rounders

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger ChuckJerry said...

What about these gems?

"I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy." - Boogie Nights

"My God. I haven't been fucked like that since grade school." - Fight Club

Brad Dupree: "Got a minute?"
Lester Burnham: "For you, Brad, I've got five!"
-American Beauty

"What is this "day of rest" shit? What is this bullshit, man? I don't fucking care! It don't matter to Jesus! But you're not fooling me! You might fool the fucks in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus! It's bush league psych-out stuff! Laughable, man! I would've fucked you in the ass Saturday, I'll fuck you in the ass next Wednesday instead!" - The Big Lebowski

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Max said...

"You never heard of grits?"
"Oh sure, I heard of grits. I just never actually seen a grit before."
...
"Them's hominy grits."
"Hominy."

Seriously, though, movie quotes are way too subjective to rank. There's about 100 "great" quotes from so many movies... Good Fellas must have at least a couple.

"I am still up tventy grand from this last time I stick it in you."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home