Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A New Leaf?....

Let me start out by saying that I don't want any mushy comments. (this was mainly aimed at my mom and sister)

For those that know me (I don't think anyone reading this doesn't know me - but who knows?) know that I was never a big fan of school. Didn't like going. Didn't like thinking about it. Didn't like it.
Well I was sitting in class last night and it occured to me that I was really enjoying taking these night classes. I look forward to going every week. Even now, when it's two nights a week. All of the teachers have really been in to their classes and have made it an enjoyable experience. Maybe all I needed was to find a subject that really interested me. Or, maybe I just needed to grow up a little and mature. Either way, I'm really looking forward to complete the courses to complete the Construction Management program. I don't know where that'll take me. It might help me move up in the company I'm at now, or could lead me on to a different company. I don't know. But I'm looking forward to the road ahead.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Max said...

I never liked scantily clad women... I only enthusiastically pretended I did before I was 25 to try to cover up the fact that I was, and still am, a latent homosexual.

But anyway, yeah, I'm proud of you also Daff. I've never understood why you've always had such an aversion to it though, up until this point. Was school / class just boring? Or were you subconsciously thinking a lot of it was bullshit, as Joe alluded to?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Matt Dabney said...

I guess basically (due to my imaturity at the time) I thought to myself "What's the point of any of this" I didn't look 1 year, much less 5 years down the road. I also was very lazy and figured out that I could pass classes by doing the bare minimum. So why bother myself with extra work when I didn't have to?

But like Joe said, 10 years makes a huge difference.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger J said...

There were scantily dressed women at THS? I must have missed this or was too busy trying to be straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home