Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Random Sports Thoughts....

NBA

  • It's very clear now that Isiah Thomas has totally lost it. "Isiah Thomas has said he's in the market for a center and athletic shooting guard such as Golden State free agent Jason Richardson" Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he already have 3 guards on the roster: Marbury, Houston, and Crawford. He had enough trouble trying to find minutes for those three, how in the world will he fit in Richardson? Move to a 3 guard line-up? He's not going to trade away Marbury or Crawford, and he can't trade Houston - no one would take him.
  • Larry Brown is uncertain if he's going to return to the sidelines this season to coach the Pistons. Can't wait to hear all the conspiracy theories. Is he setting himself up to retire due to medical problems, only to land a job coaching the Knicks next season?
  • A perfect example of how injuries can decimate a team's performance. Utah Jazz. While they have no superstars on the team, their top two players - Kirilenko and Boozer have only played 25 games together this year. After a suprisingly good season last year, the Jazz were expected to make some noise again this year, however they're in last place in their division at 22-48.
  • How was "I ain't no GM. Ask Kobe. He's the GM. It's his team" taken out of context? I can't imagine a scenario where Atkins statement wasn't how he truely felt.

NCAA

  • With all the 'upsets' this year, this has got to be the best tournament that I can remember. There have been so many great games so far. Let's hope the final three games continute that trend.
  • I haven't followed the regular season that closely this year so I didn't participate in my office pool this year. My brother, sister and myself have been doing a pool the past few years with just the three of us. The winner gets taken out to breakfast by the other two. I always lose. My biggest fault is not using my head. I pick Duke to win it all every year. I'm a big Duke fan from back in the day when they had Grant Hill. I have a shot to win our little pool this year only because Adam didn't participate and it's just me and Jenna. I'm ahead in points right now, but if UNC wins their next game, it's all over for me.

MLB

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Max said...

I was a big defender of Isiah at first, but his moves have gotten quite perplexing. Maybe he just needs to feel somehow like he has to justify his position by continuously making moves?

Regarding Larry Brown, it is crazy how often that gie feels like he needs to move on. He usually has success everywhere he goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home