Monday, July 11, 2005

The Big Day Is Approaching....

This time tomorrow, I will be home recuperating from my vasectomy. (Hopefully I'll have my computer back up and running and I will respond to Max and Jerry's questions - hold on fellas)

Is it the right choice for me? Yes. Jennie and I have 3 wonderful children so far. When we first discussed having children, I wanted to have 2 and Jennie wanted 4. 3 is a nice compromise.

Am I ready to have a doctor with a sharp scalpel that close to my genitals? I don't think anyone is ever ready for that, but I have to trust that he is a professional and has done this hundreds of times and knows what he is doing.

Aren't condoms cheaper and less painful than a vasectomy? Yes, but as I can attest - they are not 100% effective - hence Thomas and Alexis. They were not planned, but definitely a welcome addition. We would have had more kids eventually and in hindsight, having them so close together will be a good thing. They will only grow up that much more close to each other.

Tomorrow: The aftermath....

P.S. Click here for detailed info on the actual procedure (if interested)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home