Monday, July 18, 2005

It's Gotta Be A Male Thing....

Yesterday while Jennie was out with the baby, I took the boys (Nick - 4 yrs & Thomas 2.5 yrs) outside for some outdoors time. I need to clear out the space between my garage and the fence so I can put a shed there. It was/is very overgrown with all kinds of plants. The boys were exciting about getting to help daddy to some work outside and they lasted longer than I had expected. They helped cut some of the weeds and dispose of them. I guess they got bored. We've got a plastic 55-gallon drum with the cover cut off that we use for throwing all of our recylable cans, bottles, jars, etc. in. One of them must have accidently bumped into it and it made some noise while it teetered. Then they realized it would be fun to knock it all the way over. It wasn't a big deal since there were only about 5 cans in there at the time. Nicky took the cans that fell out and threw them in another garbage can then the boys proceeded to take turns and crawl into the drum and rolled each other back and forth in the driveway. This was done with no urging or suggestions from me. This is no knock on the female gender, but there's no way I could picture two girls coming up with that little game. As it was getting later in the afternoon and an hour past their usual lunch time, they took it upon themselves to go into the house and grab a couple bags of gummy fruit candy to eat. They then both climbed into the knocked over drum and sat there and ate together until mommy and baby sister got back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home