Thursday, September 01, 2005

And My Favorite Sports Columnist Is....

Bill Simmons at espn.com.

I've been reading his column for a while now and really enjoy it. Today he put into words exactly how I feel about the WNBA.
...women playing basketball at the highest possible level -- a level that
could roughly be compared to "a good intramural game at a Division 2 college,
only if nobody could jump or dunk"

The WNBA just doesn't do it for me. Never has. If I had a choice, I'd rather go down to the Teaneck Jewish Center and watch a league game, than go into NYC to catch a Liberty game.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger The Notorious LJT said...

I haven't really ever watched the WNBA but Bill Simmons is great. He's the best sportswriter out there. He's a little more than just a sports columnist, I love when he goes off on tangents about pop culture, too - like when he wrote for three pages comparing Pacino and DeNiro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home