Wednesday, November 02, 2005

New Job....

Friday was my last day at Burgess Steel. After 4 years there, it was time to move on. I felt like I was trapped in the drafting position with no way out. It had been over a year since I first broached the with the powers that be at Burgess and I was still in drafting. I was approached about a job opportunity and would have been an idiot not to listen. So after a couple of interviews and an enticing offer, I accepted the position at R & L and started yesterday.

I jumped right into things and got right to work. Yesterday I detailed a job and put it in the shop. I also checked a job for errors and corrected the problems I found. Today I got to go to a job site and go over a few issues that we had. It was my first time ever being on an actual job site while work was going on. It was great! There is no more second guessing my decision to leave Burgess. This was definitely the right move for me.

(Side note: This is my second draft of this entry. The first one was much longer and more descriptive but when I hit the "publish" button, I found out that one of my boys had inadvertantly turned the cable modem off and I didn't have a connection. I also lost everything I had just typed. I'm too tired to type it all in again, so you're stuck reading the condensed version.)

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger ChuckJerry said...

I'll bet you would have been able to retrieve the lost draft. Blogger autosaves them somewhere.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Max said...

Congratulations, big guy!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still need the Jew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home