Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weekend Visitor....

This past weekend my buddy Joe came to visit. My parents moved us to teaneck in the beginning of my 6th grade school year and Joe was my first friend I made in school. That was in 1987 and we've been friends ever since. He now lives in Arlington, VA and has been living in that area for the past 6-7 years. It's rare that we get to see each other anymore. We got to hang out and catch up on things and had a good time. We also introduced him to playing poker in person. He had played online a bunch of times but never sitting at a table with other people. Saturday night Max, Evan, Joe, and I played a game of hold 'em and then on Sunday we went over to Brian's place for some poker and the Giants game. Joe was the first knocked out in the first game we played but placed 2nd in the next game. Not too shabby for a first timer. I think Joe is hooked now on playing poker. Maybe he'll move up north to NJ or NYC just so he can get in on our monthly games.

In addition to playing poker, here's what else Joe could be found doing at my house:

That's Joe and Nicky playing Lego Star Wars on our Play Station 2.


And here's Joe holding Alexis (who took a liking to him right away - surprising because she never likes strangers) playing with the the boys. Joe is a "monster" and is scaring Nicky and TJ. TJ also took a quick liking to him and TJ is the shyest of the bunch. Although when Joe first got to our house, it was just TJ and myself at home and TJ was napping. About 5 minutes after waking up and meeting Joe, I took TJ downstairs to get something and TJ asked me "Daddy. Did your friend leave yet?"



And here's a picture of Alexis for no other reason than that she's a little cutie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home