Monday, March 07, 2005

Not Sure If This Will Interest Anyone....

This post is mainly for my sister who is in the middle of her road trip and wasn't here for the construction phase of this project and won't be back for another couple of months.

My parents recently have been doing some minor remodelling to their house. They took one of the bedrooms on the second floor (most recently Adam's room) and converted it into their home office. I took part in helping removing the old flourescent light fixture and installing new recessed lighting. My dad refinished the floor and painted the walls and ceiling. I also designed the new desk areas and helped build them. It's basically a countertop that wraps around 3/4 of the room.



Click here for larger versions of those pictures and for more pictures.

Next up for my parents: Taking the room that was most recently my mom's old office and turning it into a playroom for their grandchildren (my kids). They'll also be turning my dad's old office (basement room) into a bedroom. That's more involved because they're going to have the old carpet replaced and put up a wall w/door.

More pictures will follow once those other projects have been completed (again - if anyone's interested. I could just be humoring myself here.)

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jenna Dabney said...

Hey Matt-
Thanks for the pictures. You guys did some really great work. I can't wait to see it in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home