Monday, May 09, 2005

Is Email Dying?....

Seems like blogging has taken over for emailing. My group of friends used to email quite often about various topics and we'd get into a group discussion via email. Now everyone is starting up their own blogs and posting their thoughts on their sites. Now discussions are being held in the comments area.

Personal emails still go out once in a while, or topics that we don't want discussed in public (technically all of our blogs are out in public, but no one ever checks them except for our group of friends, but anyway....).

I think it's a good thing. Now we can all write down all of our thoughtful, crazy, silly ideas and our 'inboxes' don't get filled up.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Max said...

It's definitely a good thing.

Plus, you don't have to "save" old emails you think are particularly funny (as I did in college...)

... which leads me to an extremely funny (brief) anecdote. While cleaning my old shit in my apartment I came across some old emails between the gang from about 1995 or so. When I left Ramapo for Rutgers I had these all in a "Saved" folder (this was before I used web-based email, most people had a college account or Prodigy or AOL, as an aside) and printed them all out before I left.

I would need clearance from Evan and Joe before I post them on my blog. If I get such clearance, the shit is absolutely hysterical.

To be continued...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home