Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What A Romantic....

This past Friday (the 18th) was our 5th wedding anniversary. According to customs, the 5th annivsersary gift is wood. So I decided to take Jennie out for dinner and a show.
What does dinner and a show have to do with wood you ask?




As you can see, some of the props were made of wood. (That's the best excuse I could come up with)

We went to Medieval Times in Lyndhurst, NJ. For those of you who haven't been there, you should. It was a very nice experience, lots of fun, and good food.

Just a couple of words of caution:

1. You are 'transported' back into the middle ages for the dinner/show. So be prepared to eat your food without utensils.

2. Buyer beware! If the bartender asks you if you'd like a souvenir glass, don't do it. I walked up to the bar and ordered a Coors Light and a Long Island Iced Tea. The bartender asked if I wanted any of the souvenier glasses/mugs she had on display, and I thought "sure, why not. it'll be a good memento of the evening". Bartender comes back with the drinks and the total - $45.00. Granted, the glass was so big that even I could finish the iced tea. But, damn! $45.00 is a lot.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger ChuckJerry said...

I love you, Daff, because when Kathy gets mad that I'm not as romantic as other husbands, I'm going to say, "Well, Daffy took Jenny to Medieval Times on their anniversary."

I'm just joking with you, Daff. I actually think that's a really great night out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home