Monday, May 09, 2005

Congrats.....

Another one of my friends has gotten engaged.

Congratulations to Brian.

His older brother, Matt, beat him in the race to get engaged (although he had a 5 year head-start), so now let's see who gets to the altar first.

Here's an idea:

Hold a joint wedding.

Your initial reaction might think it's silly, but think about it. Aside from a handful or so, Matt's and Brian's guest lists will identical. It would also be a huge money saver. Would only have to rent out the reception hall once, pay the DJ once, etc.... The only hurdle would be getting everyone to agree on a date, church, reception hall......

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Max said...

Yeah... Schreiber, Debanowitz, Heinz, McGovern, McCarthy, McHeinzowitz, etc...

For a long time I pictured his name as "Hines" instead of "Heinz", when Guiney talked about him.

But seriously, though, it's an extremely practical idea in theory but along with what Joe said, I don't think either Sarah or Meaghan will want to remember "our wedding" instead of "my wedding". It's something that (most people) only get to do once (or they think it's the only time when they're doing it), and therefore want everything to be special but most of all unique.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Matt Dabney said...

I fess up. I'm thinking like a guy. Obviously the women involved would like to have their 'own' separate events to mark the occasion. I was thinking that if I were in that situation, I'd like to have a nice ceremony and then a big party afterwards to celebrate. Yes, getting married is a HUGE step to take in life, but for me, the important thing is to make sure everyone has a good time. Sure, you can spend a butt load of money on the ceremony itself, but no one remembers that part of the day - it's always the reception party that is a huge hit.

Bad idea, but something to think about....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home