Thursday, January 11, 2007

Things A Man Should Know About Fatherhood....

A list of 72 items from this article on msn.com for all of those guys out there who are thinking about having kids in the future or those who recently joined to ranks of fatherhood. It's a mostly humorous list with a few serious items included. Some of my favorites:

20. Teach by example.
34. At a certain point, your child will appear to survive exclusively on peanut butter, french fries, Cheerios, and hot dogs. (I can personally attest that this one is true)
36. The single most important thing a father can possess: Wet-Naps. (Very true. They can clean just about anything.)
66. The harder they play, the earlier they sleep. (Very, very true)
72. If you're thinking that fatherhood means the end of life as you've known it, you, sir, are, of course, absolutely correct.

After reading over the items I just picked to display, I'm surprised that at myself. I picked serious items, not the funny ones.

I guess fatherhood does change you....

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger D. Stephen Goldman said...

Not being a father (honestly, I don't know how you do it, Daffy, I can hardly take care of myself!) I still thought this list was pretty terrific.

Some of my favorites...

46. There is only one reason for a teenager to burn incense, and we think you remember what it is.

51. If the real response to his question is no, try this instead: "Go ask your mom." (Definitely one my pops knew!)

But I vehemently disagree with this: 41. You are under no obligation to tell children the truth.

Lying to children is, in fact, half the fun: "Oh, that tree? That's a yellow-spotted spickle-gruber, of course."

On the other hand, they do remember everything.

I mean, I'm sure it's fun and everything and kids need simple explanations to sometimes complex issues, but why not take the extra time to explain something right, rather than have to deal with the honest answer AND why you lied, once they inevitably find out later?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home