Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Real Life Billy Hoyle....

Has everyone seen "White Men Can't Jump"? I'm pretty sure everyone has. I grew another step closer to becoming Billy Hoyle last night. Aside from the obvious characteristics, I'm white and can't jump, here's the scene that played out last night at my house.....

Jennie and I are laying in bed watching tv. Jennie's turns to me and tells me, "I hate my job." My thought process was, "well, she's a smart gal. plenty of experience in her field of work. she hates her job. it would make sense to find a new job that would make her happy". So I said to her, "So let's find you a new job". Seemed like a reasonable response to me. She then got pissed at me and hit me on the arm. "You're not supposed to say that. You're supposed to say 'Why do you hate your job? What happened at work today?'" she said.

And for those of you who remember the scene in "White Men Can't Jump" when Gloria (Rosie Perez) tells Billy (Woody Harrelson) "My mouth is dry, I'm thirsty." Billy then proceeds to get up and get her a glass of water. She then flips out on him for getting her the water and not empathizing with her.

So I guess my correct response to Jennie's statement should have been: "I understand. I too have experienced job hateness."

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger J said...

You know, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who deals with that kinda stuff from their wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home