Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Superbowl XL....

My friend Jerry hosted a small gathering at his place on Sunday for the super bowl. We got together a few hours before kickoff to play some cards. As far as I could tell, no one there was excited about the superbowl, myself included. The game was so riveting that a few of us missed large portions to play NBA Live '03 on the playstation2 in the other room. We also played poker throughout the whole game. I wonder if our disinterest in the game was the same for everyone not living in the Seattle or Pittsburgh areas? There was just something about the game that made me think "blah."

On to the point of this post. Since I didn't pay close attention to the tv, I didn't catch many of the commercials and I came across this one on break.com:


That has to rank up there in my all-time favorite commercials. Maybe it's because I'm a father now and can relate. Or maybe I'm more in touch with my feminine/sensitive side now.

(if the video doesn't work - it's my first attempt at embedding a video clip in my blog, go here: http://www.break.com/superbowl/budweiser4.html to view the video)

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mariette said...

It's not just you, or the fact that you're now a father. When that commercial came on where I was watching the game, everyone in the room, guys and girls included, gave a big, Awww...

And everyone I have spoken to is in complete agreement about the game. It was dull, there was nothing riveting about anything going on in the game. The thing that drew the most attention was when The Bus announced his retirement at the end of the game. Just a bit anti-climactic.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Max said...

Although, objectively, it was a "good" game in the sense that it was close. The officials sure did make some questionable calls though - though I mainly saw this on Sportscenter, as I was distracted by poker as you mentioned (and poor poker playing at that by me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home